- This event has passed.
Connect + Create: Student Design Jam
November 11, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
About this Session
This is an exciting opportunity for students to get hands-on design experience with the Center for User Experience at UW-Madison that can be added to their portfolio! Madison’s UX team is seeking students to participate in an immersive design jam to explore how digital platforms on campus can better meet the individual needs of students. The Student Design Jam is part of a larger research effort that will help improve the lives of future learners for years to come.
The event will be hosted in-person at the MDI studio, on the first floor Wendt Commons, and lunch will be provided. “Tickets” are required—Please email Lily Shell to RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we know how much food to order.
- Students will work together to rapidly sketch ideas around a specific challenge from the UX team in a fun, fast-paced, and creative session.
- Students will share their ideas and collaborate with others come up with innovative solutions.
- Photographs will be taken throughout the session for the MDI Program, and students will be asked to sign a photo-release form.
- Lunch with be provided for students who RSVP at 11:30am before the event starts.
What You’ll Learn
- Gain experience collaborating and communicating with a team
- Boost your creativity by working with other designers who have varied skillsets
- Experience the entire lifecycle of the design thinking process
- Stretch your critical thinking skills by generating innovative designs quickly
- Practice designing in a fast-paced environment.